Monday, June 6, 2011

Heidenroslein

Since this thing wouldn't work for me... we will try this yet AGAIN.

I listened to both videos twice because the first time, I watched the male sing it and I got a completely different experience than when I simply listened to him. I felt that Ms. Bonney sang the words smoother than in the Schubert piece. I felt that her version felt more upbeat and playful whereas, the Schubert piece seemed as though the singer was stressed and rushed in his intent. I felt more stressed as he sang. I also feel that Ms. Bonney floated over the notes easier and conveyed a much lighter feeling in the lyrics. I feel that the Schubert piece had a lot of range in it even though Ms. Bonney's performance was in a high octave. He seemed to move on a greater scale. When I watched the Schubert piece,I felt that the piece was a very happy song because of the singer's facial expressions and body language. I am pretty sure that the lyrics are not meant to be happy or "smiley".

I thought that the songs would convey more feeling and drama through not only the singer's voice, but also through the accompaniment. Both songs seemed to have background musicthat was also lighthearted. I do not believe I would ever get the meaning or seriousness of the pem without a translation in my hand.

Tiffany Pope

No comments:

Post a Comment